Saturday, February 17, 2007

Fat Choy Auf Deutsch

It's the eve of Chinese New Year and I'm in Germany at my mother's place celebrating with her, stepfather number 2, Tara and Christopher. It's the first time that we have celebrated Chinese New Year in nearly 2 decades. Ever since I've moved back to Singapore, it's always been about celebrating Christmas in the West and CNY in the East but somehow, this year has proved to be quite a different kettle of fish.

Anyway, I#m comming down with a cold - runny nose and teary eyes but am other than that quite content to sleep in my room in the cellar of the house and glad to catch up with Tara and Christopher. It's quite rare when all of us are gathered together and so we we're doing what we can to enjoy each other's company. Christopher has grown-up especially fast, from a small baby hug toy, he's now grown into a Japanese Manga comic character with long blonde streaky hair and quite a character too.

Weather in germany is surprisingly mild. It's a mere 4 degrees centigrade - no need for heavy coats and no snow.

Anyway, the Year of teh Doggy is about to come to a close and soon we shall be in the Year of the Piggy. The Doggy Year was a pretty darn good year for me. On the financial front, things went pretty well and I made some progress in doing decent PR projects for decent brands and I did get to bash out a few articles on some serious topics, which I hope will stand me in good stead for the years to come.

So hopefully the Piggy Year will offer plenty of the same. God Willing, there will be plenty of opportunities to grow professionally and more importantly personally. It's been a good year and it's been that way because of teh good friends that I have made in the past few years. Hopefully, the Piggy Year will be one where I get to have good meals with old friends and solidifying the bonds of friendship. Hopefully this will be a Year where I get to work towards meeting new friends and bringing the wealth of new friendships into a life that has been thus far blessed with plenty of right things.

So to all readers-Gong Hai Fat Choy-Gong Xi fa Cai - have a Happy and Prosperous New Year


No comments

© BeautifullyIncoherent
Maira Gall