Friday, January 19, 2024

I am NOT a supporter of Hamas

 Hamas should be Supporting Me Instead

American Presidents have a way with coming up with soundbites. One of the most memorable belonged to George W Bush who declared that “you are either with us or against us,” in the wake of the September 9, 2001 attacks in the USA.

Whilst this phrase was meant to rally the world against global terrorist movements, the reality was that it ended up summing up what many people in less developed countries have felt about what the Western world really thinks about the world – namely the fact that it can tell the rest of the world “Do as we tell you or else.”

This is particularly true whenever military conflicts occur between Israel and one of its neighbours. Rationality and objectivity get thrown out of the window and the conflict inevitably becomes framed as an “us versus them” issue.

This most recent Israeli bombardment of the Gaza trip is no exception. I’ve taken the view that whilst the October 7 attacks on Israel were horrific, the reprisals have been murderous. This point was made very clearly in IT’S NOT GENOCIDE AS LONG AS WE’RE DOING IT?, and GOD’S TRIAL. Here’s the response I got:

 


 The person who made these comments is quite funny. I like the fact that he or she decided to remain anonymous rather than put his or her name down online.

Then, I like the fact that I’ve been dubbed a supporter of Hamas, even though I never said that Hamas were good guys and I did make the point that the attacks on October 7, 2003 went beyond what most people would call “resistance”

What makes it particularly amusing is the fact that I’ve been told that I continue writing, I would actually achieve the destruction of the State of Israel. I believe that the writer of this comment believes that I am an exceedingly powerful person.

Let’s put it this way. I am an ugly obese middle-aged about to be divorced man sitting in a hovel of an office in a small island in the South China Sea. The State of Israel by contrast is a rich technologically advanced society with one of the most powerful militaries in the world, equipped with some o f the best military and surveillance and has the total support of the richest and most powerful countries in the world.

Yet, despite this obvious contrast of power and relevance, the commentator believes that it is the State of Israel who should fear me. Thanks to writer, I am now aware of my power and instead of calling me a supporter of Hamas, they should persuade Hamas to support me – that way I’ll be able to afford my next cup of coffee.  

1 comment

Anonymous said...

You think too highly of yourself. You are just a supporter of murderers.

You could not even get the date of the MASSACRE correct, it was on *Oct 7 2023*.

Israel's responses are murderous while HAMAS's actions were only horrific, like a horror movie. So what should Israel's responses be after the massacre, love and kisses?

You like the protesters in the Western countries are trying to justify the MASSACRE. But no call to hold HAMAS to justice for families of the massacred.

© BeautifullyIncoherent
Maira Gall