Monday, April 25, 2022

How Sad Can You Get?

 I must admit that I am, like many heterosexuals' men highly attracted to the female body. I have been guilty of "checking out" attractive things in a too obvious way and there's nothing like a compliment from an attractive lady to boost the ego.

Men, as they say, will be men. Somehow, no matter how smart we might be, we end up doing the stupidest things just to a glimpse of certain parts of the female anatomy. We, as a group, are obsessed with the size of the wrong head. If I take myself as an example, I suspect I would have been a lot better financially if I had, at certain moments, had better control of the small head.  

My only defence in this aspect is the fact that I am in rather distinguished company. I live in Asia, which is filled with normally intelligent and highly successful men who end up getting themselves twisted in knots of a young "hot-body."

Sex, as they say, is a primal urge. Napoleon Hill went as far as to argue that a high sex drive was healthy if a man could use it to drive himself to better things. However, the key here is controlling it and many of us tend to only get control of the little head after 35. 

If I take myself as an example, I had a fantasy of wanting to be the ultimate lover (not husband or boyfriend) to every woman I encountered. However, now that I am at the wrong end of my forties, my priorities have changed. Sure, sex is important but its not the be all and end all. I understand that certain fantasies should be just that.

Let's put it this way, when you are in your twenties and aggressively courting chicks, you can be seen as virile and the chicks might appreciate your enthusiasm for the hunt. However, once you hit forty and your still slobbering over everything that walks, you became a slobbering old man and the girls are more likely than not to find you creepy.

So, with all of this in mind, what is one bound to think of the latest scandal coming out of the United Kingdom. British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson and his gang in the Tory Party have openly accused the Deputy Leader of the Opposition, Ms. Angela Rayner of distracting them during Prime Minister’s Question Time by crossing and uncrossing her legs in the same way that Catherine Tramell, the sexy femme fetale, played by Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct did. More of the story can be found at:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10746873/Tories-accuse-Angela-Rayner-Basic-Instinct-ploy-crosses-uncrosses-legs-PMQs.html

 


 Ms. Rayner and most of the women I know have decried the misogyny and sexism of this entire incident. This incident can only irritate any woman with a brain and a bit of ambition.  I mean, here you have a deputy leader of the country in waiting, and all you can complain about is her physical form? Women are a presence in the modern workforce and they should be judged for their capabilities in the workplace rather than what you hope they'll be like in the bedroom.

My take is a little different. Boris Johnson and his gang are not so much sexist but showing off their incompetence. I mean, how do you square the fact that the man is at an age where he should be able to control his little head. He's reached the pinnacle of a political career. Yet, there he is complaining he's being distracted by how a woman crosses her legs or what she's wearing. Seriously, this is what you'd expect of a teenager discovering penis growth - not of the Prime Minister of a major player on the global stage.   

Sure, I don’t doubt the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom has human urges. Who is to say that he doesn’t find Ms. Rayner attractive? However, the British public didn’t vote for him to express his inability to control his fantasies when he’s doing his job. They’re paying him to do a job – i.e. to do things that make life better for people.

I don’t doubt that there are women who weaponise their sex appeal. The infamous crossing legs scene in Basic Instinct is precisely about that – Ms. Tramell, ensures that the cops are too taken back by the fact that she’s obviously not wearing underwear. Her victims cannot control their little head and end up with a pick in their skull.

 


 So, tantalising – so dangerous – Pure Fantasy

However, that’s a movie and regardless of whether Ms. Rayner wears underwear and how she crosses her legs in parliament should have no bearing on Mr. Johnson’s ability to get things done. Mr. Johnson should be at the age where he should be able to control his little head and if he’s distracted by Ms. Rayner’s wardrobe from doing his job, one should question what else he’s easily distracted by?

No comments

© BeautifullyIncoherent
Maira Gall