Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I must be really awful

Well it must be something to do with me. I'm not sure what I did but I think it has to be pretty awful for me to be out here, broke and waiting for cheques that are slowly eeeking their way before me while my bills pile up like an avalanche. GECF was particularly heart breaking, this was the job that was supposed to launch me to better things but ....things seem to have fallen apart and I'm now trying to revive things - the delay of funds is painful - but the fact that the client/prospect was let down is even more painful.

Anyway, I'm here, waiting around for someone to transfer funds so that I can get on with the job on hand. This is another long delayed cheque that has to go through several parties. Should be getting another bunch of money tomorrow and by Friday there should be even more funds coming in - High Bloody Time .

Well, I guess this is part and parcel of the world we live in today. Credit terms are a reality of doing business - the bean counters exist for a reason and one has to live with them - hell, I even dated a girl who was trained to be a bean counter.

I also have to note that being broke is actually not the worst of things to be. On Friday, while I was absorbed with my bad run of luck, a family with a young boy who could not walk bumped into me on the bus. I guess, everything is relative here. I may be broke for the moment but that can be solved. Whatever situation I am in, I have functioning arms, legs, ears and eyes - at the end of the day, I really can't ask for more than that.

Life may seem frustrating but just as there's always someone out there with something better, there are also tonnes of people who have it worse than you. In Singapore we bitch about Reservist. But unlike the USA we don't have a political leadership that stabs the troops in the back by lying to send to send them into a pointless war. As a Singaporean, I may bith about excessive government salaries, but at least the man ontop does not make it a habit to send his "War Veterans" into my home to take it away from me as happens in Zimbabwe.

So there you have it. Life has a way of placing you in the shitty pits from time to time but I guess one has to look at things in perspective. I didn't have cash on me, but I could go home and have a meal. There are sadly too many people who cannot do that. There are times when I've scrambled for bus fare but I can also walk from point-to-point. There are people who can't do that. Life isn't that bad after all.....

No comments

© BeautifullyIncoherent
Maira Gall